The short-barreled Tikka T3 Battue is specially designed for fast target acquisition. Perfect balance and highly visible battue sights with TruGlo® optic fibers enable fast and easy aiming. Topped with a rifle scope and Optilock™ scope mounts, the T3 Battue has the accuracy to reach game even at longer distances.
- BARREL: Coldhammer forged Sako precision barrel of high-grade stainless steel or Cr-Mo alloy. Free-floating in models with wooden stock. Thread-fastened rigidly to the receiver for safety and accuracy. A good and even muzzle crown is essential for the finest accuracy. T3 barrels are hand crowned for a perfect finish.
- STOCK: Light but solid T3 TrueBody design of high grade walnut or glass fiber reinforced copolymer polypropylene featuring palm swell. Butt plate system with spacers provide adjustability in length of pull. Carefully designed checkered patterns on grip areas for added comfort and firm grip. Sling swivels as standard.
- ACTION: Designed for accuracy, reliability and easy service. Extremely rigid action with a two locking lug T3 bolt. The bolt features a spring-loaded plunger ejector and a removable handle, with 70° opening angle leaving ample room between optics and hand. Probably the smoothest action on the market.
- BOLT: The T3 bolt has a counter-bored bolt head and twin locking lugs. Reliable spring-steel extractor and strong spring and plunger ejector.
- TRIGGER: Single-stage pull with positive trigger feel. Easily adjustable through the magazine well from 1 to 2 kg (2 to 4 lbs). All models are available with a single-set trigger as option. The trigger group is meticulously manufactured. The housing is machined from durable aluminum alloy, while all other parts are of special steel. The steel trigger has vertical grooves for added feel and grip, even with gloves on.
- SAFETY: Two-stage, blocking the trigger and bolt handle. The two-position safety catch is easy and precise to operate. The two red dots seen in the picture indicate that the rifle is ready to fire.
- SIGHTS: Rifles are supplied without open sights. Open sights are optional. Integral rails for the unique Tikka Optilock scope mounts on the top of the receiver. Receiver is also tapped for Weaver-type scope mount bases. The T3 action features a large, flat bedding surface and large recoil lug against an accurately inlaid stock – vital for out-of-the-box accuracy. The ejection port is optimized, making the receiver more rigid and inherently accurate.
- MAGAZINE: The single column detachable clip magazine is made of strong glass fiber reinforced composite. The magazine holds 3, 5 or 6 rounds depending on model and caliber. Flush release on front of the magazine in order to avoid accidental releases.